Description of Template
The Budgeting and Tracking Multiple Projects SharePoint template helps manage lists of projects and their related budgets, tasks, issues and milestones. This template allows users to enter project information, including estimated start and end days, project health, project owner, percent complete and budget information in both currency and days. Each project team member can enter project tasks, issues and milestones and associate those to a specific project, indicating the start and end dates, which is shown on a Gantt Chart or in list format.
Also included in the template are dashboards showing the overall status of all projects, including percent complete, indicators of whether the project is on budget and a listing of task and issue status. Other dashboards include user filtered tasks and issues, overdue items and a list of unassigned items.
Activities Performed in this Application Template
- Create and Manage Projects Lists with start and end dates, project budgets, project owner and information regarding the health of the project.
- Enable users to enter project related tasks and issues, choosing to either assign them to a team member, or leave them ‘unassigned’ in order to allow the project manager to assign a task.
- Indicate Project Milestones and dates.
- Change dates for tasks by dragging and dropping bars on a Gantt Chart.
- Show Project Specific data including Project Name, Related Tasks, Related Issues and Related Milestones.
- Create threaded discussions where team members can use a built in rich text editor to discuss the project and RSS functionality.
- Upload Documents that are relevant to the project, enabling version tracking and ‘checking out’ of the document for offline editing.
Site Lists and Libraries
Projects List: A list of all projects that are being budgeted and managed within the site.
Project Tasks: Tasks and associated information for a specific project.
Project Issues: Issues for a project, including associated information such as owner.
Project Milestones: Milestones for a project, including date and completion status.
Tasks: General tasks list to capture tasks not associated with a particular project.
Customized Lists and Libraries
Discussion Boards: Use the discussion boards to host threaded conversations on projects, tasks or issues. These discussion boards can be set up by the site administrator.
Document Library: Use document libraries to store files needed for a specific project.
Customized Forms, Workflows and Web Parts:
Projects Overview: Custom web part listing project names, percent complete, budget vs. actual cost, budget days vs. actual days, Issues, Tasks and Overdue Indicators.
Projects Tasks: Custom web part listing the status of all tasks across multiple projects.
Projects Issues: Custom web part listing the status of all issues across multiple projects.